ILC Tas recognises the valuable contribution to the service made by volunteers and actively encourages their participation because it:
- enables volunteers to contribute to their community;
- provides the opportunity for work experience and the development of new skills in volunteers;
- enhances the range of services available through ILC Tas;
- allows for wider community participation in the service.
Volunteers will not be used to replace paid workers in the service. The following roles have been identified as suitable for volunteers:
- Board Member
- General Administration Support
Contact us to discuss opportunities for volunteering with ILC Tas.
- Prospective applicants will be asked to complete an application form.
- Position descriptions are available.
- Recruitment and induction will follow the same principles and guidelines as for staff .
- Volunteers are required to sign a confidentiality agreement before commencing work.