An excellent opportunity for experienced speech pathologists to provide assessment and consultation services for people with disabilities in the area of augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) and other assistive technologies. The positions may be based anywhere in Tasmania and state-wide travel is required to clients and their support networks.
- Flexible work/life balance
- Attractive salary packaging
- Commitment to ongoing professional development. Access to professional development opportunities will be provided
- Supportive team with access to multidisciplinary skill sets
- Approved tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology from a Speech Pathology Australia accredited university course or Completed Assessment of Competency to Practise as a Speech Pathologist in Australia (MRA or Overseas Qualification Competency Assessment with Speech Pathology Australia)
- Eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia as a Certified Practising Member or Provisional Certified Practising Member
- Highly developed skills in speech pathology service provision to people across a range of disabilities and specifically supporting AAC development.
- Well established level of competence in the use of computers and software, including knowledge of augmentative and alternative communication and assistive technology, or demonstrated ability to rapidly acquire knowledge in these areas.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills and communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise a varying caseload, to work within prescribed timeframes, to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Understanding of person-centred service provision. - Knowledge of anti-discrimination policy and work health and safety issues and practices in the workplace.
- Current driver’s licence.
- A National Police Check is required
- Working with Vulnerable People - Children registration is required
Contact Kate Frame for more information or phone 03 6335 9200.
Applications close 9am Monday 8th April 2019