August 31, 2018
March 15, 2018
December 19, 2017
Jan 23, 2014
New National Disability Standards released
The standards are:
1. Rights: The service promotes individual rights to freedom of expression, self-determination and decision-making and actively prevents abuse, harm, neglect and violence.
2. Participation and Inclusion: The service works with individuals and families, friends and carers to promote opportunities for meaningful participation and active inclusion in society.
3. Individual Outcomes: Services and supports are assessed, planned, delivered and reviewed to build on individual strengths and enable individuals to reach their goals.
4. Feedback and Complaints: Regular feedback is sought and used to inform individual and organisation-wide service reviews and improvement.
5. Service Access: The service manages access, commencement and leaving a service in a transparent, fair, equal and responsive way.
6. Service Management: The service has effective and accountable service management and leadership to maximise outcomes for individuals.