Personalised Assistive Technology Solutions for Home, School, Work and Community.
We can work with you to assess you and your environment and give you recommendations about equipment, techniques, access or design to help you maintain independence.
We have a team of people who can help you with complex communication and computer access. Their skills include speech pathology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, IT and experience of living with disability.
We can help you decide what home modifications you may need as well as any equipment that may assist you. We can advise on equipment for personal care, mobility, seating, communication, memory, low vision and much more.
We can work with you to develop plans to learn new skills such as using public transport, meal preparation and other tasks.
We can help you to work out what other supports you may need.
Specialised technology assessment
Communication including speech generation devices, software and apps:
Alternative methods for accessing computers, tablets, phones and other devices:
- Voice recognition (such as Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- Screen Readers (such as JAWS)
Mounting and positioning for devices and equipment. This includes iPads, Tablets, Computers and more.
Allied Health Assessments
Our allied health staff include occupational therapists (OT), physiotherapists (PT) and speech-language pathologists (SLP).
They can help you to work out your equipment (assistive technology) needs at home, school, work or in the community including:
- Bathing, dressing, personal care, medication mangement, eating, preparing meals or other household tasks
- Telecommunication options such as phones, personal alarms
- AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication)
- Literacy support
- Alternative computer access options
- Smart home technology and home automation
- Commodes and other hygiene related equipment such as toilet equipment, shower stool, bath board
- Scooters and wheelchairs (manual and powered)
- Office seating and ergonomics
- General seating such as dining chair, lounge chair/recliner
- Mobility such as walking stick, crutches, walking frame
- Low vision
- Hearing impairment
- Pressure management
- Adjustable beds and bed equipment
- Transfer such as hoist, standing aids, transfer belt
Other Allied Health assessments include:
- Functional assessment (OT)
- Support needs assessments and care planning (OT)
- Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) assessments (OT)
- Functional and Life skills development (OT)
- Home modification assessment (large and small) (OT)
- Manual handling assessment (PT, OT)
- Mobility assessment (PT)
- Access consultancy services for public buildings (OT)
- Mealtime management (SLP)
- Ergonomics and workplace audit (OT)
Contact us to see if we can help you with your specific needs, even if they are not listed.
Advice about accessible environments such as commercial buildings, public spaces (indoor and outdoor), transport and homes.
- Adaptable and universal housing
- Home modifications and independent living equipment
- Appraisals and audits
- DDA and Disability Action Plans
- Advice on design and best practice in accessibility
- Information on codes
Fees are charged for all services. Please contact us for an estimate.
Education and Training
- Introduction to assistive technology
- Disability awareness
- Manual handling
- Pressure management
- AAC and complex communication needs
- Active support
- Assitive technology for literacy support
- Mealtime support
- Employing people with ASD in the workplace
- Smart assistive technology for carers
- Office ergonomics
- Unversal design, building and design, accessible environments
- Other topics on request
Contact us for training to suit your needs.
equipify employs a team of people with the following skills:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Access Consultancy
- Lived experience of disability (peer support)
Full time, part time and casual allied health positions are available from time to time, if you would like to work with Equipify contact us for more information.