People from around Tasmania are encouraged to apply.
The particular backgrounds and skills required for these positions include:
- Marketing/Business development
- Health professional (occupational therapy or speech pathology)
- Accounting/Finance/Corporate Governance
In addition the following is desirable:
- Knowledge of or interest in disability
- Experience in not-for-profit organisations
We encourage anyone interested in a Board position to apply even if your skills are not in this list.
The Board members’ duties include:
- Assist the Chair, Secretary and Treasurer in undertaking their duties and fulfilling Board responsibilities
- Represent the interests of people with disabilities from your region in Tasmania as much as is practicable
- Represent ILC Tas in your area of expertise and region as much as is practicable
- Ensure the Board complies with good Governance principles in conjunction with other Board members
- Assist with strategic direction and policies of the organisation
- Attend meetings (approx 11 per year) either in person or by telephone (approx 2 hours’ duration). Meetings are currently set for the 3rd Thursday of months from February to November and start at 5pm. Travel expense reimbursement available (negotiable). Board members are required to attend at least one meeting per year in person. Additional sub-committee meetings may be required.
Please contact Karen Frost or phone 0419 596 995 if you wish to discuss this. Applications including a resume and outlining relevant knowledge and experience against the above criteria may be emailed or posted to 275 Wellington Street, South Launceston Tas 7249